RE: Supply Chain Excellence To Count On
Dear Wellness Colleague:
Like you, we here at Valensa International are focused on the global health issue, and understand your concerns around business disruption. For decades, you’ve trusted us to deliver the highest quality nutraceuticals. I want to assure you that our long-standing commitment to supply chain excellence allows us to sustain production and inventories across our portfolio, even in uncertain times, to support your business continuity. In this letter, I’ve summarized significant ways Valensa pursues this mission.
As you assess your business, we encourage you to contact your Valensa representative to communicate current assumptions for your inventory requirements.
Command of the Supply Chain
Delivering consistent supply starts with fully-integrated production systems developed to meet strict standards set by third-party auditing and certifying agencies. It’s this approach that is integrated into Valensa’s Saw Palmetto and Astaxanthin extraction facilities in Florida, and at our sister company Parry Nutraceuticals, a major organic Spirulina producer, based in India. Both facilities abide by US FDA GMP to provide a high-quality commercial supply of ingredients to service global markets.
Saw Palmetto Extract
- Valensa is the only company with full control of the supply chain, from harvesting to extraction, all in Florida. USPlus® is the first and only US Pharmacopeia (USP) Dietary Ingredient Verification Program (DIVP) saw palmetto extract, for guaranteed purity and potency. Our supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction facility has achieved GMP according to US FDA guidelines.
- Foundational to our USPlus® business is our GEMS Supply Chain Excellence Program, which integrates relationships with key suppliers and harvesting companies with access to large landholdings in Florida. We partner with Florida universities who help develop science and technology for saw palmetto to assist landowners and support industry. We also work directly with landowners to gain approvals, and government permits required for harvesting.
- Zanthin® Natural Astaxanthin was the first commercial astaxanthin to receive regulatory compliance in the US (NDI) and Europe (Novel Foods).
- Production begins at Valensa’s growing facility in Chile’s beautiful Elqui Valley in South America, where cultivation of the astaxanthin-rich Haematococcus pluvialis biomass takes place.
- The algae are cultured in a hybrid system, using indoor greenhouses for the initial green phase growth, followed by a phototropic red phase growth in open sunlight where the algal cells mature.
- After harvesting, the resulting biomass is concentrated, cracked, dried, and prepared for shipment to Valensa’s Deep Extract® supercritical CO2 extraction facility in the United States.
- Valensa manufactures astaxanthin oleoresin, beadlets, and powders, and offers indication-specific formulas for joint health (FlexPro MD®) and eye health (EyePro CARMIS®) as soft gels.
- USP has certified Parry Organic Spirulina as the only DIVP-verified Spirulina. The certification program goes beyond GMP to validate the quality and consistency of the finished product, not just the processing operations.
- Parry has fully integrated production capabilities in India for Organic Spirulina that meet global organic certification standards, from raw material sourcing and production to downstream processing.
- Valensa holds inventory for Parry Organic Spirulina and its value-added offerings in the US. We will work closely with leading customers to maintain appropriate inventory and ensure prompt delivery.
Valensa believes that demand for nutraceuticals like USPlus® Saw Palmetto, Zanthin® Natural Astaxanthin, Parry Organic Spirulina, and indication-specific formulas will grow as consumers become increasingly proactive about their health. We value your partnership, and want to ensure that you’re able to satisfy consumer demand with best in class planning and execution.
President & CEO